Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer is Ending

We have one full week left of summer break! I have to say I am ready for the routine the school day offers my bunch.  This also means the shelves of Wal-Mart are overflowing with school supplies! I love going to the store and filling up the cart with crayons, binders, and colorful sharpies.  Grace said to me in the van on the trip home, "Mom, I LOVE the smell of new crayons!"  That's my girl!

We have kept ourselves busy this summer. I have to say most of our time was spent at the neighborhood pool.  The Little's and I are many shades darker than our DNA would have us be. A close second would definitely be the library.  (The children's librarian knows us by name)  We even found some time between the pool and the library to attend some local Vacation Bible Schools.

One activity I found a little late in the summer was at Lowe's. (Sorry Dad)   About every other weekend they offer a free wood shop program called "Build and Grow"  After each completed project the child earns a patch to sew on their red Lowe's apron.  Last Saturday, the Little's made the pizza truck from Pixar's Toy Story.

Grace LOVED the activity but hated the idea of posing

Here are some action shots of my little woodworkers in action


Audrey was nice enough to let Madilynn have a go at some of the hammering.  And here is her completed truck

One of my FAVORITE things I got to do this summer is hang out with a lovely lady and her three children.  All these activities were fun, but add in a friend and her kids and it was like summer in high definition.

Next week we will both burrow back into our homes to school.  I'm glad we had these lazy days to spend together

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Julie I have loved spending our lazy days of summer together! We will miss hanging out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete