Friday, March 9, 2012

The Year of Balance




My teaching style has changed and evolved over the past 5 years. Some has been out of necessity like the births of Audrey and Madilynn. Some has come from experience and some from finally embracing the giftings God has placed in me.

One thing that God has been trying to teach me is to "Just Breathe!" I am finally grasping this concept and the changes in me and the school day are amazing. I am a chart checking off type of girl and I am realizing that I need to relax my rigidness and embrace this calling on my life. What does God want from me today? That is a question I now ask myself in the morning. Yes, there needs to be some structured table time for school work. Yes, there needs to be testing of knowledge and accountability. There also needs to be embracing of these precious years I get with these children. I need balance!

I can't teach in the same fashion as a public school teacher with 27 kids. I can't teach with the same organization like the stay at home mom that has only 2 kids. I teach the way God intended for my family of 4 kids. With 2 full time students, 1 part timer and sweet Maddie, my day is a lot of give and take. I no longer have the luxury of 2 uninterrupted hours to teach. Teaching has now taken on a lifestyle that weaves in and out throughout the entire day.

I am learning balance. I am learning to breathe. My life is now richer and the children are flourishing because I finally getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment