Blog ideas have a way of piling up on me. When we go somewhere or something funny happens around here I think, "I should blog about that" Only I get distracted and forget then before I know it my list has grown. So today I am letting you peek through some "snapshots" of what has been going on lately. It is basically the easy out for me.
The girls have their moments when all 3 get along. This time they were playing hospital. As the youngest sibling Madilynn was "volunteered" to be the patient. Growing up with two older sisters myself, I know exactly how she feels. She was a good sport lying in that empty plastic tub while the doctors examined and cured her.
Several Sundays a month Tim will help out in the coffee shop that we have located inside our church. This leaves me to get all 4 kids and myself ready for church. I save myself some of the headache and go to 2nd service. One Sunday I was struggling to get up and around. When I came out to the living room in a huff I found Grace completely dressed, hair done and she had dressed Madilynn (including a diaper change) and did her hair as well. I was speechless! I only had to make a few tweaks with the hair but besides that it was awesome. You wonder how really large families get ready and the key is the older siblings pitch in with the little ones.
Once again we used the kids Christmas money to buy a family pass to the Children's Museum. With a family of 6, the pass pays for itself after 1 & 1/2 visits. I take the kids at least once a month so we really get our moneys worth out of it. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Yoder and Grandma Billie for making this next year of fun and learning possible.
After the holidays died down and we got back to a normal routine I picked up a new project, Potty training Madilynn. She seems too small for that giant toilet and her butt too cute for those big girl underwear. She is doing well as long as I stay focused on it. On some days she can be quiet the untrained puppy piddling on the floor, but I see progress everyday. Can't believe that I am getting closer and closer to a diaper free world!
There! That was minimally pain free. My blog idea list is now smaller and more manageable.
No comments:
Post a Comment