Monday, January 16, 2012

The Lost Shoe



Last Friday was Madilynn's appointment to take her pictures. The night before I found her dress (Thanks Aunt Annie), sweater, matching tights, and one shoe. I looked around and could not find it's partner anywhere. I looked in all the usual and unusual places that shoe might be, nothing turned up. The morning of the pictures, I still had not located the rogue shoe, and there was not another pair to be switched in. I decided to enlist the help of the children. I promised a reward to whomever found the missing shoe. Those kids blasted through the house and still came up empty. Running out of time, we just strapped her snow boots on and went to the appointment. I told the photographer that we were missing a shoe and could she keep the shots from the knees up. Madilynn was not cooperate for the pictures, but we got 2 shots with a smile, above the knees. We survived the pictures with no shoes. I joked with the photographer that I will probably find the shoe when I get home. And lo and behold that is exactly what happened. I picked up Audrey"s "Violet" dog off the floor and was admiring the dress and hat that Audrey had dressed her dog in,and what should fall off that dogs foot, the missing shoe!!!!!! Audrey had used it to play dress up with her animal. I had not even thought to check the feet of stuffed animals during my exhausted search. I know better for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment