Monday, October 22, 2012

Today was fun.  An activity that I have recently discovered is a program called "Junior Chef"  It happens once a month at the library.  Now, I live in Marion County so I belong to the Indianapolis library system.  They have one central library downtown and then a dozen branches spread out across the city.  The benefit of living on the border of the county is I can visit the libraries in Avon and Plainfield as well.  I can't check out books but I can take apart of there programs.  Junior Chef is a program that the Plainfield library offers.

After washing their hands they tie on the mini aprons.  Each month they learn a healthy lesson about food and then get a chance to make a snack themselves.  Last month was fruit kabobs and today was trail mix.  With today's lesson the minis have realized a love for banana chips.  It is all I have been hearing about since we got home.  Banana chips this and banana chips that.  Geesh!

Today was fun during school time too.  We are digging deeper into the Revolutionary War with General Washington. I love learning right along with them. I feel like I am learning it all for the first time.

Not everything was fun today.  I tucked in a feverish Madilynn into bed tonight.  Her temperature was at 102.7 at last reading.  She is such a snugly blessing when she is sick.  I loved holding her tonight with her lava cheek resting on my chest.  The medicine has kicked in and she is resting well.  Madilynn is a joy to my heart.

Today I have also been missing my sisters.  I guess hearing Rachel's voice on the phone this past weekend and Anne's texts today just struck something in me.  Family is so important to me.  I hate having everyone so spread out.  I wish there was a way to all live on the same cul-de sac.  

No comments:

Post a Comment