Yesterday,Tim and I celebrated 12 years of marriage. What a rollercoaster of ups and downs it has been. I love Tim and this family we have created. I can't see myself growing old with anyone else!
My kids get super excited about any holiday, birthday and apparently anniversaries too. They love to decorate, make cards and give presents. I usually build up birthdays or holidays, but I didnt really mention our anniversary to them because I guess I didnt think it counted as a specual day to them. Boy was I wrong!
Grace woke up extra early (big deal by itself) and made Tim and I breakfast in bed. She served us cereal which looked like it had been soaking in the milk too long. Since she could not make the coffee, she brought us 2 coffee cup magnets and placed them on the tray. She is such a sweetie. And because she is, we endured and swallowed every bite of that sloppy shredded wheat mush. Was she done? Not even close! Grace then brought in the CD player and played classical music for the "party" So Tim and I stayed in bed and let Grace take care of us. She brought in balloons decorated with markers and we hit them around the room. It was a great anniversary party.
Later that afternoon, Grace brought us some of her "tarts" AKA tiny pieces of bread with either jelly, honey or peanut butter on them. Grace is a keeper.
Each kid made a card for our special day. Cameron had the best one by far. The front said, "Oshawott just wants to wish you a..." (cute picture of the Pokemon Oshawott drawn under it) When you opened the card it read, "Happy Oshaversary!" Oh, his cuteness did not stop there. When I opened the card little pieces of paper fell out. He had made and cut out little Oshawott body pieces that we could customize and put back together. It was kind of like a game of "Cooties" Pokemon style. Tim and I had fun trying out different heads on the different bodies. Cameron even included sunglasses and a rainbow afro!
No comments:
Post a Comment