Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Getting Hot in Here...

The last several weeks have been a scorcher in Indy.  I even heard myself say, "Yes, it's only getting to 92 today!"  I have lost all motivation for cooking.  I love weekends because I can pass the cooking duties to Tim the GrillMaster.  During the week we have eaten a lot of sandwiches. We even busted out the Panini Maker to be all fancy and such. I have been hankering for real food.  Last night I gave in and turned on the oven to make Calzones.  They were super DEEELISH!  We paid the price though because the house heated up.   Our house, though small, cannot seem to ever get cool.  So tonight I will try "real" food again, but this time my handy dandy slow cooker will do all the work.

Here is the recipe that I am trying tonight.  I really didn't want to fry bacon up, so I used a packet of "real" bacon chunks (Not the dehydrated powder stuff).  I think I will save the bacon for BLT's..oh wait, that's a sandwich!  Oh well, maybe I will use a fork and knife to eat it and then it won't feeeeel like I am eating a sandwich!






http://healthifiedkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/08/bacon-ranch-slowcooker-chicken.html

No comments:

Post a Comment