Friday, June 29, 2012

Grace of Green Gables

Grace is growing into quiet the young lady.  I have to catch myself in the way I talk to her or treat her. She is not a baby anymore. (insert sigh here)  In a few short years I will have to have "the talk" with her and go shopping for her first.....ugh I am stopping here.  I will live in this place of happy denial for a little bit longer.  Did I mention how much I love her?  She is the bestest.

Sonlight, our home school curriculum, suggested "Anne of Green Gables" for her summer reading.  Since we spend a lot of time in the van, we borrowed the audio CD from the library.  She picked up on all the quotable lines that I remember when I watched the movie as a young girl.  I now hear "Carrots!" and  "I'm in the depths of despair!"  and talks of dresses with puffed sleeves.  Did I mention that I love that girl?  One of my favorite moments was when we finished the book and watched the movie.  She was enthralled.  I knew she was hooked when her eyes brimmed with tears when Matthew died.  Grace knew it was coming, we read the book after all.  The emotion of it all just got to her.


So today I took Grace to get her first  "hairstyle" haircut.  We usually go between short or long straight hair.  Now she sports a stacked bob that angles forward.  When she stepped off that stylists chair and walked towards me, it took my breath away.  How many years did my Goosey age in that chair?  Her brown eyes sparkled with anticipation of my approval.  All I could choke out was "Oh Grace, your beautiful!"  Did I mention I love that girl?

 She kept tilting her head, so this is the best shot I could get.  She has put her swept bangs in a bobby pin.




No comments:

Post a Comment