I met Tim during Spring Break my Junior year of High School. We became friends right away. By this time of the year, he already had a date to prom, and I had a date to Banquet. (Gotta love BCHS attempt) During that summer and into the fall of Senior year, we evolved into so much more than friends. When prom season rolled around, I missed my rite of passage. I got to take Tim to Banquet, but I couldn't go to GHS's prom. My senior trip to NYC & Philly took place the same weekend :( Tim being the wonderful boyfriend he is, missed his Senior Prom since I could not go with him. He will tell you it is because he went to 5 proms already and whats one more. I like to believe that it just wouldn't be the same without me.
Fast forward over 13 years later and I finally got my chance to go to prom with Tim. Believe it or not I actually got butterflies in my stomach when I heard him ask, "Will you go to prom with me." (insert AAAAHHHHHHHHHH)
A radio station here in Indy has a "prom" for adults each year called, "The Smiley Prom" Taco Bell was the sponsor this year so the ballroom was filled with purple and yellow balloons. I had so much fun dancing and sipping cocktails and spending time with Tim. We didn't get our picture professionally done because the line was too long. By the time the line was down, we were sweaty from dancing. We lasted almost 3 hours then decided to leave and find some munchies. (not bad for a 31 year old mom of 4) Like a dork I forgot my glow sticks were still around my neck and walked into that nice restaurant. Jeesh, thanks Tim for saying something.
I had a fun night. I am very thankful for my parents who drove 3 hours to take care of the kids. They took all of them out to eat, swimming and put them to bed. Thank you for all your work so I could spend some time with Tim just being me.
No comments:
Post a Comment