
Not really sure what I have gotten myself into. Ever have one of those feelings?
Cameron hates getting his hair cut. It is seriously like giving a cat a bath. Part of the reason it that he is EXTREMELY ticklish. I can be across the room and wiggle my fingers at him and he will collapse in hysterics. The thought of the clippers near his head send chills down his back. After 8 years, I give up. (Almost) I struck a deal with Cameron. He can grow his hair out under 2 conditions. It can't cover his eyes and I get to put gel into his hair everyday. (Gel is his 2ND most despised thing) I thought for sure that the promise of gel everyday would outweigh the torture of a 5 minute haircut. I put my money on the wrong horse. Insert frowny face here. I quickly added that if it starts looking as if I have 4 daughters instead of 3 or if he needs a pony tail, we get a haircut that day. We might have to revise our deal so he can keep it longer without looking like a caveman.
So now I must suffer through his shagginess. Why can't I just get over it? It is just hair! I don't care if my kids want to dye their hair funky colors when they are older, but for some reason a shaggy little boy bugs me. I already feel looked at and judge when I go out with 4 kids, 2 of which are school aged during the day. I don't want to come across as sloppy mom. My own issues I know. So if you see Cameron looking extra shaggy and Justin Bieberish, just be aware that it is not because I lack money for a haircut I am just letting him exercise his freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment