
You can't realize the power of the cross or the depth of Christs love for you until you are broken. It's more that a Sunday school idea, more than a prayer you repeated as a child, it is LIFE.
I never grasped the purpose of Jesus or fully understood what a relationship with Him means until everything broke apart.
Growing up in a Christian home, living in a sheltered community, I never thought I needed a Saviour outside a ticket to heaven. I lived a good life and followed the rules. Christ was never my all in all, my life line. Why should He be, I was walking along just fine doing nothing terrible or wrong. It was when the vacuum seal was broken and the real world charged in that I realized I had it all wrong. It is not MY life that I live with Jesus as a cool accessory, it is HIS life that I join in and live out. Today it has felt as though I have awoken from a long slumber. A "aha" moment if you will. Since I am a picture type of person let me explain it this way. My life has been an old black and white TV with large antennas sticking out. It works, I can still watch TV. I strain to see the fuzzy picture. My vision is limited. The quality of life is minimal. Basically, I am limiting what Christ can do. It wasn't until that TV was smashed that I realized what God could really do. I thought after my life was destroyed that Christ was in heaven as a distant being, dismissing me as unimportant. I had Him all wrong. My view of God has been so limited and wrong. He does not want me living my life on a 10 inch black and white antique. He had more for me. He moved me from that old box set to a home theater with a large flat screen HDTV with surround sound. A life fully loaded. A life of power. I never knew what I really needed. I never thought I would need a Saviour.
No comments:
Post a Comment