I was reminded the other day that it has been awhile since I had blogged. After a week long vacation in Missouri and an unexpected trip to Goshen for a funeral, I am beat! My brain is fried. You would think that I would be relaxed after a glorious get away in the mountains filled with no agenda, but I think it made me lazy :) I was forced to slow down and now I find it hard to get my "get up and go" back again.
For vacation we visited the Big Cedar resort and also spent a day at Long Creek. Both are owned by Bluegreen(where Tim is a Travel Supervisor) and extremely AWESOME to stay at. Ours days were filled with floating on the lazy river, swimming, mini-golf, swimming,out to eat, swimming, trips to Branson, swimming, watching the acrobatic Chinese circus, roasting marshmallows,and of course swimming. Besides swimming,the kids looked forward to the nightly cookie delivery and cable. Part way through the week we were invited to stay at the new resort, "The Cliffs" at Long Creek. I have two words for you HOLY COW! This place was massive. It swallowed our family of 6. I have to say I really enjoyed the kitchen that always seemed to shine, the movie theater in the basement, the amazing view, pool table, etc... It was very hard to say good-bye. But after our amazing week in Missouri it was time to head home.
St. Louis is at the half way mark between Indy and Big Cedar so we decided to stop and spend the afternoon there. We went to the Arch and to the museum below. I am glad the line to go up the Arch was terribly long, so I had a valid reason to tell the kids why we were not going up. The idea of going up the world's smallest elevator with 4 kids, sounded just a little too claustrophobic to me. After strolling around and getting some energy out of the kids before the trip home we stoppeed for some awesome seafood. Then we headed home. It was an amazing trip to take. There were some moments were my mothering patience was stretched but over all we had fun.
It is good to be back home. But I am already looking ahead to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment