I have been on a sabbatical of sorts. I know it has been too long since the last post. Honestly the blues sucked out any sort of motivation to blog. Alas, my phone has too many pictures on it so I need to blog so my phone will run faster.
I tried a craft on Pinterest, shocking I know. Madilynn had been puking that day and was very clingy. I was one beat momma. The other 3 ninos did not slow down. Pinterest to the rescue! I found a recipe for "homemade" crayons. Our crayon box is filled to the brim, so this was a great way to get rid of those broken pieces. Cameron, Grace, and Audrey sat at the table and peeled broken crayons and separated them into like colors
The instructions said to just put them directly into your muffin tin. Then they added a warning in small print. "Use cupcake liners if you don't want to ruin your pan"
Old pan plus liners should equal success! We baked them, stirred, and let them cool
The brown ones turned out looking like Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Yummy! Of course the waxiness of the crayons leaked through the cupcake liners and coated my pan. I had to throw the pan out.
The crayons write funny because of the ridges. But hey, I needed a quiet activity and this one worked out great




No comments:
Post a Comment