This morning we traveled to Brownsburg for Indian Craft Day with our home school group. Cameron went off with the older kids and I took the girls to the younger class.
The girls and I played 3 different Native American games, attempted several crafts and enjoyed Indian cookies. On our way out of class they each received an authentic arrow head to take home. I am not sure all of what Cameron did in his class but when I picked him up he was throwing away the cookies and carrying a large Tipi (teepee). (apparently the authentic pastry was not to his liking. The girls devoured theirs and asked for more) He made the Tipi out of doll rods and cut up paper sack.
It was nice for me to be around other moms taking the same journey I find myself on. There seems to be new faces each time I go and I am terrible with names. The home school families are refreshing to be around, and I guess I have to start somewhere. I had a mom come up to me at Meijer a couple weeks ago to say hi to me by name. She looked familiar, I recognized her from gym class, but I can't remember her name. Well at least I am not blending in with the wallpaper so much that some moms aren't remembering me. I just wish that God would have given me a little more brain boosting power so I could remember names!
No comments:
Post a Comment