Thursday, November 4, 2010


Today is a big day for me. Today I turn 30 (gasp) I have to be honest, it looks really weird to write that down. I mean, 30 years old, that is a grown-up age. When you are little, teenagers seem so big. When you are in school, college kids are so grown up. But now I am older than all the college basketball stars, older than a lot of popular music and Hollywood stars and now the shows I grew up with are on "Nick at Nite" !!! I get called "Ma'am" at the store (weird) You would think that this would be no big deal, I mean I have been married 10 years and have 4 wonderful kids. (To whom I had to explain who Smokey the Bear was...geez!) But now that I am here at the threshold of being a real adult, I am a little freaked. I remember when my (much) older sister, Rachel turned 30. She freaked out like I am. I remember thinking what's the big deal, 30 would be awesome. And when Anne faired well through that memorable milestone, I knew I could do it. Yeah, I was wrong..I am going to lose it.

I have to admit I did not complete everything on my "Get done before 30" list. I still have not learned to play the guitar or gotten a tattoo.( I plan on checking both of those off the list this year) I have gotten married and had all my children before 30, which was at the top of the list. So I guess it is a wash. I can't complain, God has blessed me with wonderful people that have surrounded me. I am healthy and blessed, so it doesn't matter how old I am. I am hoping to live a long life like my Grandma who is in her mid-nineties. That makes me only 30% lived. That sounds better. So now when you ask me how old I am I will answer, about 30%.

No comments:

Post a Comment